Saturday, August 22, 2026

FAREWELL PRETTY PENNY

Sixteen years ago this month, The Bristol 18 came into our care.  Dogs from a terrible back yard breeder who were in horrific shape.  Penny was one of 2 kept in the house and she was in better shape.  She was 3 at the time.   
She joined Phyllis and her pups.
She was a sweetheart and she recently celebrated her 19th birthday.  Wow!
She had many friends that she met in her house-- Cosmo, Jay and so many.
As she got older, she had a stroller and took walks with Moe, a sweet senior who had joined the family. 
Moe was her best buddy. 
When Tulip and Percy of the Christmas 19 rescue joined the family, Penny was rejuvenated.  She came to life and took over.  She let them know she was the leader and they listened!  She became like their mama dog, and she loved having them there.  
This past week, Penny suddenly lost ground.  She stopped eating and lost her will to live.   For me, Penny WAS rescue.  She presented the best of rescue, and she received all the love and care she could have.  When her mom told me she had passed away, I was surprised even though I knew she was 19.   I just didn't expect it.

I'm so grateful her mom shared her life with us, her updates, her antics, her adventures, her friends.   Now Penny is with so many of them.   Run free, precious girl. 💜🌈

 

No comments:

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES