Monday, October 28, 2019

HELLO DICKSON

Dickson came into rescue Saturday. 
People ask, "how can you keep doing rescue?"   After 16 years, I still feel that once we have them, they are ours and we will do all we can.   We don't have to give them back to neglectful owners.   We can take them to the vet, and hope we can make them whole. 
So when I met Dickson, STINKY and matted with bad eye and bad ears bad, I said, "Welcome to rescue!   We are going to help you." 
I went to see him yesterday at the vet and he had been shaved down (they asked me if they could because he was SO matted-- I was thrilled they could do it).  He had been bathed and he felt so good!   We decided to walk outside, and then he found the food room LOL.  Is this my new food?  Is this my new food?   Don't worry.  We are going to feed you well.
He is a soulful "little" man.  (He does need to lose a little weight.)  There weren't many people at the vet (Sunday, but they are open for emergencies and visits).  So, we walked outside, and then back inside. 
With his hair gone, I could see his skin, especially his neck, which had sores on it.   Now, he can heal!  I bet the bath they gave him was the first he had in a very long time.   It must have been heaven.
I went through my basket of harnesses and collars and found some to fit him.  And he now had a rescue name tag on.   (Thank you to all who donate these to me!)
"Can I visit the food room again?" 
Dickson's face is adorable!  He is nine years old and just a laid back man. 
He kept looking at me, as if to say, "I'm safe now?"  Yes you are!
At the end of my visit, I was sitting on the floor, and he came and snuggled his face into me.  Oh my heart.   💙  Does it get any better than that.   Yes.... this is why I rescue.  To make a difference-- one dog at a time.   

He will be fostered by Toni and I'm sure he will fit right in.   He's not fast.   He is just very mellow.  We walked and he was just easy going and meandering.  I don't think he'll be a fast walker-- that's okay.   He will be perfect for someone.   If you are interested in Dickson, just fill out an application on our web site.   Potomac Valley Pekingese Club - Online Application adopt
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh Linda ..... he is just adorable .... I would love him as we are not fast walkers either!LOL

I am doing my Adoption Dance for Smelling Sweet Dickson!

Oh ...I bet he loved that bath and shave down. Looks very handsome.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES