Saturday, November 28, 2020

FAREWELL NEWMAN

NEWMAN 

Newman came into Emily's life almost 15 years ago.   It was a spur of the moment decision.   Emily wrote, "I was supposed to be meeting a lady and adopting her Bichon. Instead I went to a house in Yelm that had one last Peke puppy.  The family didn’t want to part with him but they had to. Adam was deployed and my Grandpa had just passed away. Newman was the perfect distraction. He was my first baby, my best deployment buddy and a fabulous world traveler."
He and Drizzle were beautiful Peke puppies.  
He became Emily's heart dog.   Most of us have had the gift of one of those who gets so deep into our heart.
From an adorable puppy, to a beautiful adult Peke, Newman was so special.
He just turned 15.    But, life was slowing down for him.
He had a friend named Daisy.  She was recently adopted and he had company.  
Drizzle had been his life time friend until she passed away.  Many dogs love having a friend, so Daisy tried her best.
Newmie began to have health problems, like collapsing trachea, and lung issues.  
He was sleeping more and more.
We expect that when they're older, but his eyes began to say, "I don't feel well."
He went to the vet often and everything was tried to help him feel better.  
He had been such a happy boy.
We want them to stay with us forever.  
I think they would choose the same.   
But, it's often left to us to make the decision that is best for them.   It's done with a heavy heart and great love.
Newman is now with his friend, Drizzle.  Emily said, "I will miss him so much and home will always feel a little empty without him there. Newmie, give Drizzle kisses and let her know how much we miss her. I love you."
I'm sure this smile is present as he is free from age and is now playing again.  He was so loved.  💓

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

My heart goes out to you Emily .... what a lovely man Newman was and he will be so missed but you did the right thing - he was your best mate and you look after them .

XXX from the Aussies

Cookie said...

what precious baby I'm so sorry for your loss . he was lucky with you

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES