Friday, August 27, 2021

HAPPY NATIONAL DOG DAY

I'm late-- National Dog Day was yesterday.   But, here, every day is dog day.  Paddington is contemplating that.   
You'd think I would just have Pekes here.  And that's normal.  But, some others have snuck in.  Barty is my granddog and he's a schnauzer-poodle.   He's a senior, and happy.   He was in horrific condition a few years ago, but life is good now.
Sissy was part of the Potomac Six-- she has continued to battle ear issues and is now on a new regimen of meds and food.   I hope it works!!!   She is super attached to me.  She sleeps by my head.  Look at her smile.
Bogie looks so glum here.  But, he's happy and loves the world.   He thinks everyone he meets is his new best friend.   He still has house training issues, but we continue to work on it.  He had a lot of crystals in his urine, so now he's on a special food and it seems to be helping.   We are doing more tests to try to solve this.  (When dogs come from hoarding situations, their health sometimes takes a long time to get better.) 
Piper and Paddington have been here for over 2 1/2 years.  Piper is part poodle and part Llasa we think.  We aren't sure and I haven't done a DNA test on him.    I try not to keep fosters, but my husband fell in love.   (And yes, others have stayed because they weren't adopted, or they were old, or they grew so attached after a long time that we said "you can stay." Most can happily move on to forever homes.)
Minnie continues to live her best life.   She came to us three years ago with PTSD.   I can now handle her (only holding her on my right side), and the other day, she came up to me and pawed my hand.  Wow.  Healing of the heart continues no matter how old they get-- she's over 16.  
The couch usually has a few dogs on it.   Zoey loves to be up there.   Bogie climbs the steps to get up on the couch.  He loves it.  Sissy is usually up there, too.
Of course, my grand dog Callie hound is there in the yard.  She really hates to be inside, but we make her come in at night and if we are out.   If a storm hits, she will go through/over/under the fence. :-(   She still has PTSD from being through whatever her life was before.  She's older now and loves her walks with my husband.  He's taught her to sit-- which for an old hound is a big deal.   She lives with us now and sleeps in my closet LOL.
We have a full house and fosters come and go.   Most of the dogs here (and the kids) welcome those who need help.   It's a safe place, but a crazy place.   Zoey says she hopes everyone had a great National Dog Day-- post your pictures below. 💜
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I was not home for National Dog Day but I know my hubby gave Yum Yum his walk and his food.... The Emperor of the House must not be upset! lol

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES