Wednesday, August 4, 2021

SISSY’S EYE APPOINTMENT

Sissy injured her eye Friday so we went to the vet first and then to the ophthalmologist.  
I meant to just take Sissy.  She’s the only one who had an appointment.   But, Bogie wanted to go. 🤦‍♀️  And then Zoey just KNEW I was going somewhere.  She started dancing.  She must have an inner radar that knows if I’m leaving.  She starts bouncing and being cute.  So, what could I do??  Could you leave her home?  That’s what I thought.  I couldn’t either. 🤣
We waited for Dr. Nadelstein to come in.  Zoey, you’re going the wrong way. 
She didn’t care.  
When Dr. Nadelstein came in, Bogie was overjoyed.  Bogie loves the world. He made such a fuss that Dr. Nadelstein picked him up as he began to look at Sissy.  Then, he put Bogie in the table, too.  I said we needed a frequent flyer card.  You know. Ten visits and get one free.  Since Bogie was on the table, he looked at his eyes, too.  He said they were looking great.  (I guess I did get a free check up after all!). 
Sissy thought that was funny.  He told me Sissy had a bad, deep, infected corneal ulcer last Friday.  But, she has made a lot of improvement.  I can now sleep through the night and give the eye meds four times a day.   Well, I sleep about 9 hours so I’ll still add in one when my husband wakes up and then I go back to sleep  ☺️   

Sissy is doing well.  The techs love them both.  They ADORE Bogie.  And they couldn’t believe how much Sissy had changed.  They remembered the terrified dog they first met when she came into rescue.  She just kept smiling and making sure I was close.  She is probably older than we thought because of her eye age.  The lens change as they get older.  It’s okay.  She’s a sweetheart.   We go back in two weeks for a recheck unless something changes.   She was happy to come home.  It was a busy morning.  
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

So happy to read that Sissy is getting better and the Eye Vet was happy with her!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES