Thursday, May 2, 2019

POOCHIE-- WELCOME TO RESCUE

 Poochie is a 14-15 year old senior boy. 
 A shelter near Charlottesville contacted us-- it's a small rural shelter.  They asked if we could help.
 At some point, this boy was cared for-- we found this picture of his previous life.
 But, he got old and he has some tumors and he needed medical care.
 I guess it was easier to turn him in-- I don't understand that.  After being part of a family for his whole life, he is put in a scary place.   
 He shook and cried like a baby, but then realized he was in a safe place-- and there were new friends there.
 Is there another pal over there?
He will be at the picnic, and then next week, he will have surgery that we hope can extend his life.  Yes, we love the seniors, we love the ones that are thrown away.   We love to give them hope and a safe, loving place to be.  We are rescue.  We care. 

4 comments:

LadyJicky said...

If I was at your picnic I would have to give Poochie just the biggest hug.

I do not understand how someone can just give him away when old and ill.

Poochie you are with the Best People in the World!!! I am so happy for him now Linda.

Lost Earring said...

Every time I read a story of a Senor has been abandoned because someone doesn't want to deal with an older Fur Baby I cry. I can't stop caring and I've never met these Senors. It's the idea that someone has decided to rip home, love and security away from an older family member without regard to the trauma they create for these older babies.

That's not what God intended when He created this universe and populated it with what is considered "a higher being AKA the human race". Matthew 25:40 King James Version (KJV)
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

King James Version (KJV)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to give Poochie a hug. Sweet baby.

Cookie said...

grateful for you and your rescue ! i can't believe he was crying:,( poor baby, they feel and understand everything. I am sure he is living his best life now with you!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES