Thursday, April 2, 2020

MITSY HAS HER EYES CHECKED

 Mitsy has been here for almost three weeks.
 She has large brown eyes and I could tell her eyes needed help.  I immediately began drops for dry eye.  It has really helped.
 She played w a toy once.  Just once but her personality is coming out.  So hopefully, she will learn that toys are fun.
 She has discovered soft beds and has tried out most of them.
 She decided that she should sleep upstairs w everyone else.  Now she climbs under the bed and sleeps contentedly all night.
 I could tell she didn’t hear well. She hears but doesn’t always know the direction it’s coming from.   I wave my hands and she can find me.   I knew her eyes had a lot of pigment in them from the hair rubbing on them.  The ophthalmologist saw her yesterday.  Mitsy has so much pigment that she has little vision.  She can see shapes but that is it.   I would have never guessed.  That is because Mitsy has never run into anything.  She never runs into another dog.  She is just amazing.
She us getting several eye meds and she is good about them.   She follows me all the time and sniffs me to know it’s me.  Mitsy is only 10 years old we were told.  She has done a lot of walking w us in the yard and her legs are stronger.  She even runs some.  I’ve done rescue for almost 17 years and I’m still in awe of how these little ones can turn around w care and love.  They can overcome so much.  Their disabilities don’t get in the way of living and loving their lives.  We can learn from them.  We can learn from Mitsy. 🌸

3 comments:

LadyJicky said...

Oh Mitsy you are just so pretty!!

I am so happy to see you are getting better , taking your meds and getting very game with your walking and sleeping ! :)

Unknown said...

I really pray that once the world is almost normal that I can complete adoption of this baby and Moxie. I have 3 babies wanting to add them to our pack. I can't wait!

Lost Earring said...

Today I'm teary-eyed with just about everything I've read or heard from others who care for others and are dedicated at this really dark time.

There are things we can't buy but there are others who cannot buy because they are out of a job now. I'm concerned for down the road if things get worse that there will be shortages of food for our furry kids. People unable to care for their furry kids thinking that they can simply take the furry babies to the closest shelter and turn them in because they can't feed them. Are we prepared to help out and will we help out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGKFVMgjrPc

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES