Sunday, February 14, 2021

FAREWELL CLARENCE

Clarence came into rescue around Christmas of 2008.   
With a smile, I named him Clarence after the Christmas Angel in "It's a Wonderful Life."
Kim offered to foster him, and he never left.   He was her boy. And she loved his name and kept it.  (I was sure an adopter would change it, but it fit him so well.)
Kim and her husband also fostered Princeton for us-- and he stayed, too.   (Others were fostered and adopted, but sometimes, we just have to keep one or two.)
Clarence went to work with his mom.   
They were welcome there and it was just part of their routine.
Princeton and Clarence loved their walks, and seeing other areas.
Clarence declined a lot this past year.  We think he was around 15, since we estimated his age as 2 when he came to us.   I wish we could stop aging for them.    
He had such a great life with Kim and his family.  His mom told me he enjoyed her singing.  😍  
He was always happy.  
Car rides were great.  Adventures were fun.
He began to lose control-- he couldn't stand well, he lost weight, dementia seemed to be setting in.  
When I found out he had passed away, with his mom and dad by his side, I was so sad.   He was such a special boy.  
Princeton is a little lost--they were friends for so long.   I know he will get extra attention to help him.
Run free now, sweet Clarence.   You gave many so much joy.  

3 comments:

LadyJicky said...

Hugs to Kim and her family ( 2 legs and 4 legs) for Clarence will be so missed !!

He had a wonderful life and gave lots of love back as I can see in the photos.

Darlene Branges said...

Kim-

I know your heart is breaking. My sincere condolences to you and your canine/human family. Speak of Clarence often and he will always be with you. I loved the picture with the two of them looking out the car window. How lucky to have shared a life together. The time could never have been long enough.

Darlene Branges

Lost Earring said...

So very sorry for your loss.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES