Wednesday, March 24, 2021

THE QUIET ONES.

Pekes have so many personalities.  
Minnie, Zoey, and Sissy are pretty quiet.  
They are content to just be near, keeping me in sight, hanging out. 
Zoey had almost no hair on her tail when she came into rescue.  Her back end was almost bare.  She had trouble walking and her back end was bent down.  Her mouth was a mess, w no lower jaw and needing to have all her teeth removed. 
Now, she’s a fluff butt, walking better.  In fact, I trimmed her some because her hair is so thick.  
Her coat is shiny and healthy. 
She’s a snuggle bug. 
Minnie is very quiet. She can’t be handled much but she wants me close.  Maybe she had trauma before we got her.  She’s a quiet soul.  She is almost 16. We will celebrate her birthday in June.  💖
Minnie and Zoey are my sweet girls.  
So is Sissy.  She’s precious, and cuddly and loving.  She has made so much progress since coming into rescue in late 2020.  I adore her. 🌸
When you rescue, you never know what type of dog you will get.  Some are noisy and boisterous and into everything.  And then, there are the quiet ones.  They work their way into your heart in a special way.  Do you have quiet ones in your life? ❤️
 

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

My Coco was my silent girl but she is at the Rainbow Bridge .

We have Yum Yum now ..... the most boisterous boy, always up for a game and snores like a trouper!
Flies through the dog door like an FA18 Hornet !!! He can knock you off your feet!!!

Lost Earring said...

My Bandit is a quiet Peke most of the time. He was rescued from a home with 6 unruly kids and Bandit was kept chained outside year round. He is happiest when he is by my side, resting near my wheelchair.

He's come a long way in the five years since we adopted him. We found out how far he had come until I fell and the EMT came and he tried to stand them off by sitting next to my head and growling.

I love all 3 of my adopted babies but Bandit is my caretaker coming into the room I'm in to see if I need help constantly if I'm resting.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES