Monday, September 26, 2022

GOING HOME

By the time you read this, we’ll be almost home or already there.  

Some of my blogs are more personal and this one is.   We were in Missouri for a family funeral.  And it was a time to celebrate.   My father in law wrote the note so we would celebrate his life.  Not mourn.  Yes we will miss him but what a life he had.  87 incredible years.   🥰

We took Henrietta and Zoey.

Henrietta showed me “I can do it myself!”  
Zoey ate in the xpen.   When she finished, she thought she was looking at me.   It’s okay.  
We snuggled a lot. And family members loved them.   Petting a lap dog can be so therapeutic.  
The foggy morning view was beautiful. 
The girls took naps on the couch so I could visit.   
Pillow time for Henrietta.   Comfort care for someone.  
The sunset was beautiful—days end after a sad but meaningful day of rejoicing for a life lived well. 
On to home, back through Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky (above) and West Virginia to Virginia.   
The girls were so good in the car.   
Home soon.  We are already planning when we can go back.  ❤️


 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

That was just so beautiful that your Father in Law wrote notes to you all.
He must have been a wonderful man.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES