Friday, September 1, 2023

DENVER— SO MANY PEKES IN NEED

This is Denver.   Our rescue has received SIX requests to take in Pekes  in the last three days.  
Denver was in a shelter near me and they messaged me yesterday.  Denver's owner died and the shelter was out of space.   So, I raced over.   He stayed in the office and didn't go back to the kennels.  
He lived on a farm-- with goats, chickens, dogs... 
He smelled like a chicken coop.   LOL   Denver is a BIG boy at 26 pounds.  Yes, he needs to lose weight.   But, he can do that.    Small changes in diet make a BIG difference over time.   (We had one dog who was 33 pounds and got down to 20, a good weight.  It took a year, but we did it!)  
After two baths, and a cream rinse, Denver rolled around on the porch.
He met Callie-- and she was so excited!!!
After I picked Denver up at the vet, I noticed he needed eye care.  I called my wonderful ophthalmologist and she said "come right now."   So, I have three eye meds for him, and he will have a recheck in a month.   
Denver is 6 years old and seems very sweet.  Stay tuned for more on him.  

He is a happy boy! 💓

 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh he is just beautiful Linda!!!

I hope his eyes come good and I know he will be adopted Pronto !!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES