Wednesday, August 28, 2019

A DAY AT THE BEACH

 I took this picture last month-- we went yesterday and it was not so calm. 
 Sometimes, in rescue, you just need to step back and listen to the ocean. 
 As cute as the dogs are (my granddog Callie here, who spends a lot of time with us now), sometimes, you need to get away.
 "WHAT?!"  Paddington is in shock that I might need to get away.  Taking care of so much in rescue is a lot of work and can be emotionally draining at times. 
 So, my daughter and four of the Bits and I took off to the beach.  It's only 15 minutes from us, so I sometimes go with my coffee and listen to the waves and nothing else.
 The boy Bits had so much fun.  They will be in third and fourth grades this year!
 The waves had a turbulence about them yesterday that you can't see in a picture, but it was more than we usually see.   So, we made the Bits stay close--  oh no!
 We got home and Callie was glad to see us.
 Paddington was thrilled!
"What took you so long!?"   Really, Paddington, we were only gone a few hours.  LOL

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Sometimes you just have to get away and to the beach would be wonderful !

I hope you had a great time and a restful one too.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES