Wednesday, June 12, 2024

CINNAMON -- HOME

 

Cinnamon came into rescue in December.  
She had the highest anxiety level of any dog I've fostered.  She came to trust me, and her tail began to wag when she saw me.  But, she didn't do it with anyone else.  Not even my husband.   She will let him touch her, briefly.   

She doesn't trust others.    When I take her somewhere, she vibrates in fear.   I tried Prozac with no change, so we stopped.  Time will be her healer and she will go as far as she is comfortable.
I had people who wanted her, but her fear was too high to move her.   I'm not even sure if she could have made a change.   Paddington took her under his wing.   And she attached herself to him.  Piper, Paddington and Cinnamon have become the three musketeers.   And if one takes off into the yard, all three go.  If one barks at the door, they all bark.  (When Paddington and Piper stop, Cinnamon continues the barking, sure that the danger is still there.   Her sight is so limited, but she KNOWS danger must be near.  LOL)

Cinnamon eats well and she loves treats-- which are usually goldfish or cheerios.  
But, she decided she doesn't like cashews.  She tried.  She did.  She licked it, stared at it, tried it again.  

She decided it wasn't her kind of food.   LOL
I did discover something she liked though.   My husband and I were sitting on the couch, watching a movie and eating dinner.   I was so intent on the movie, that I didn't notice her stealthily sneak over and when I looked, she was backing up, with a French fry in her mouth!   She made me laugh!! 
We've decided that Cinnamon will live her life here.   She feels safe.  She knows she is loved.  She loves being on my lap, on the hammock, gently rocking.   I'm sure no one is surprised that she's not leaving.   She's home.  💗

5 comments:

LadyJicky said...

I am glad you decided to keep Cinnamon and now Linda you can go through the McDonalds Drive Thru for Cinnamon's favourite treat-- French Fries! lol

Anonymous said...

Thank you for loving Cinnamon and making her feel safe. I miss me three Pekes so much and hope to have another someday

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️❤️. Sounds like the 3 Amiego’s are so happy together. Happy for her and you all for bring such loving parents. Aww my heart ❤️🙏❤️

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so very happy for Cinnamon, you & the rest of your family! There is NO place like Home!!! Such a blessing for all of you.

Anonymous said...

So happy for Cinnamon…I had a strong feeling she would never leave❤️

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES