Monday, November 11, 2019

MY 5000TH BLOG

 My first blog was November 26, 2008.   Starlight and Scooterbug were begging for a treat.  I didn't do them daily for a long time, but here was the beginning blog.
 Must Love Pekes: The Coffeetable and Pekes
 My Cranberry and Scooterbug were my Pekes when I began rescue, but our home soon welcomed so many.   I quit counting.
 Some came and stayed-- like Starlight, for the rest of her life.  She just refused to leave us.  She chose us.  We were so lucky.
 I've had blind ones and deaf ones.  Benjamin was blind, but he learned his way around my house.   He even remembered the lay out when he came back to visit.  Oh, he was so loved-- and so missed now.
 Buffy was a special one who came from our of state for her safety.  What a ride-- and now she is cherished in N. Virginia. 
 I've also had grandchildren.  My first grandchild was born the month I began rescue-- May of 2003.   Can it be that long!?  You've all followed the Bits in my blogs.
 I have acquired so many things that I use in rescue.  These playpens are awesome for recovering dogs.  And time out zones, and eating areas....  Paddington has used them when he's bad. 😆
 We sometimes get dogs who don't make it-- but they leave their mark on our hearts and we gently let them go while being held if their condition is too severe.  Thank goodness, this is rare.
 Some rescues come and stay-- like Paddington.  Bad Pad. 
 His brother, Piper, stayed too.  My whole family voted to keep them.  (And yes, I paid their full adoption fee.   I don't ever want anyone to think I get "dogs for free" because I'm their foster mom.") 
 Sophie was a little blind girl I had who lives in Richmond with her mom.  Blind dogs just see with their hearts-- and make such loving pets.💜
 Little Stewart has no eyes-- we don't know what happened.  He is underweight and has an ear infection.  But, he is getting the care he needs.   This face!!
Yogi is one of our newest--  He was so critical that we weren't sure he was going to make it.  Pneumonia can take them fast.  His foster dad hand fed him, carried him, help him take medicine until after six days, he began to heal.   Yes, he has turned a corner and we're so glad. 

If you have fostered for us, please post a picture of one or more of your fosters in the comments.  We can't do this work without you.   Foster homes are the heart of rescue.  People willing to take a Peke in need, love them, care for them--you are the reason we can save them.  And for those who donate to us, you are also the reason we can do this.   We can spend thousands in a month on medical care.  Rescue is a family-- and so many of you are part of it.  So, THANK YOU!!!   And on to saving more!!!   

WE FIND BEAUTY IN THE MOST INCOMPREHENSIBLE PLACES,, AND OTHERWISE HOMELY FACES.  IT IS OUR GIFT TO SEE  BEYOND THE DIRT, TERROR, SADNESS, AND DEFEAT AND FIND THE TRUE SOUL THAT LIES WITHIN.  
WE ARE RESCUE.❤️💜💙

3 comments:

LadyJicky said...

Bravo to you all !!!!!

With you .... the world is a nicer place and Yum Yum seconds it!! Woof!

Jean Newhouse said...

We fostered sweet Gustopher/Gus and ended up keeping him...he was older and had health issues, but we gave him and he gave us over a year of pure joy before he went to the Rainbow Bridge...I am not sure how to post a picture, but I will try in a separate post.

Lost Earring said...

Beautiful is the single word that covers what you do and how dedicated to Potomac Valley Rescue. Thank you.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES