Monday, November 18, 2019

STEWART GETS A BATH

Stewart has been here over a week.  It's amazing how he has figured things out.
I have several special dogs at my house-- they are all special, but some have more needs   Kai Kai has no eyes.  Like Stewart.  And like Kai Kai, Stewart has limited hearing.   It doesn't get in his way.   He lost his eyes when he was a year old, and so it's his normal.
His skin wasn't in great shape, but the meds have made a HUGE difference.  I'm so relieved!   His belly is so much better.
 He needed another bath-- when they have skin issues, it's so important to keep it clean, making it fresh, so that it can heal.
 You can see how skinny he is, but I weighed him on my baby scale and he has gained some weight.  WOOHOO.  (If you want to gift a rescue person, a baby scale is a great gift-- unless they have big dogs haha.)
 I put him in the dog drying area-- aka the laundry basket-- so he wouldn't wander off. 
 He was SO GOOD!!  He didn't move around and enjoyed the warm air.
 And after his bath,I had to find a holiday harness that would show off his beautiful hair.   (Thank you Joy for these!!) 
And then I put his coat back on to make sure he was warm after his bath.  He is such a sweet dog-- he will bless a new home with his sweet personality.  ❤️

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Stewart is just the perfect guy!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES