Thursday, January 30, 2020

TINA-- REMEMBERING HER BEGINNING


 Tina is such a sweet girl, and she almost didn't make it out of the shelter 4 1/2 years ago.  She was young-- 2-3 at the time. 
 I was asked to come see her-- and this who I met.
 She was such a nice girl, but...
 She was in such need.
 Her skin was horrible-- but she came to me for love.
 And I just couldn't leave her there.   I suspected she wasn't a full Peke, but when I go to a shelter, and a dog this sweet comes to me for hugs, can I leave them there?  Nope.
 She went to Kay and Claretta's for medical help.  Her eyes began to look bright and her hair began to grow.  And whoops-- she was a mix.  😲💜  I'm so bad. LOL
Her skin healed, her hair grew, her vibrant, joyful personality came out even more.  And her foster moms couldn't let her go.  She changed their home.  She changed the other dogs.  She was happiness in a little body.  She was home.   And these stories of rescue are why we keep going.  "We are rescue."  What a privilege.  ❤️

3 comments:

Lost Earring said...

I love these wonderful rescue stories and Tina's story sure fits the bill.

What a wonderful little girl and what a wonderful caring home she found all because a rescuer saw what was underneath the sores and the lack of her natural fur at the time.

LadyJicky said...

Tina is beautiful !!

Who would have thought that poor dog in the shelter would bloom into this beauty!

I am so glad you got her and she found love and a fabulous home!

Emmajane said...

This is such a wonderful, happy story about a precious baby.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES