Monday, December 7, 2020

A CAMP RUNAMUCK CHRISTMAS- 2020

Every year, we decorate our house for Christmas, just like many of you.    I share our Christmas snow recipe each year, so here it is.  

 https://mustlovepekes.blogspot.com/2018/11/christmas-snow.html?m=1

I probably have more helpers than most of you.  This year, Bogie and Sissy were encouraging me.  (They go to their new home this week.)

They found a comfortable spot to watch.   
The tree in the playroom/office/schoolroom (formerly our living room) is lit with blue lights.  It's a family tradition and I still carry it on.  It has blue lights, blue and silver ornaments, and white handmade snow.   It brings back so many sweet and special memories.  
My friends, Kay and Claretta, gave me the sleigh pulled by Pekingese.  Sugar Bit wanted me to get it out of the Christmas trunk in November-- so I did.  
When I did the family room tree, Zoey, Sissy and Bogie helped me.
Really!   They did.  
We have an elf that mysteriously moves around the house and the grandkids find it each morning.  
While we're decorating, the popcorn is there to snack on and give us energy.
I have little signs all around the house.  BELIEVE is my favorite word, and a goal in my life.  
We decorated the family room tree.   I always have a red "sash" down one side.   It creates a memory for me, so I do it each year.
There are horses-- one of our daughters has had horses in her life since she was young.
There are ornaments in memory of my Pekes-- Max and Kai Kai were so special.  I miss them so much.
A friend gave me White House ornaments for several years.
Chumley was added this year.  Starlight and Nala and BeeBee are there, too.
Hope is another favorite word.  
There are "candles' on the mantel, and dogs beds are in front of the fireplace.
Zoey did wake up long enough to check out how I was doing.
The dining room has a hand made Christmas table quilt.  You can see the family room tree in the back ground.  
Small ornaments hang from the light-- memories of my mom.
There is another BELIEVE ornament.
Signs are in the hallways to remind me to be JOLLY!
My grandmother's dish cabinet has glass dishes and lights on the top with angels guarding.   
Jeanne gave me this glass globe years ago.  I put a light in it and it shines red and green at night.
My mom's piano is temporarily at my house and it has my manger scene on it.  The manger is about 40 years old and still in perfect condition.
Snowmen welcome people in the front hallway.
A Christmas Star quilt is there, too.  
The porch has a little tree on it and lots of Christmas blankets to wrap up in while sitting outside having morning coffee or an evening time out to.
Even Callie's little house has a Santa blanket on it.   (She loves Sugar Bit's old play house for a nap.)
I can’t forget my family star.  It’s called a Parol and is from our time in the Philippines. I spent four years there when I was growing up. 
We love Christmas and all it means.  We love to make the house a place of wonder and joy, and hope, and believe that there is good and fun and happiness.  
Zoey and Sissy are all for that.   We are, too.  🎄💓

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh Linda .... your house is a Christmas feast for the eye!!! Totally beautiful .

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES