Tuesday, May 2, 2023

MY ZOEY—THE LONG GOOD-BYE

THE LONG GOOD-BYE….. 

I posted this in October 2022    I knew Zoey had bone cancer but she still danced.   She stopped dancing yesterday.  It was sudden and the cancer had escalated..   I’ll do a farewell for my girl but wanted to share this again   

I was so lucky to have her in my life. 
She was my girl. 💖.  She was my grandkids’ girl.  They all loved her. 
++++++++++++++++++++
When you have a dog w a medical issue, some are not fixable and you know your time is limited.  
Sonia told me she called these “the long good-bye.”   And all we can do is be a good steward of their care. 
Zoey is one of those dogs.  
She came into rescue w very little hair and w trouble standing.  Her muscles were so weak. 
She was deaf and mostly blind.  
But, she still danced. 
She was diagnosed w bone cancer over a year ago. I didn’t tell her.  So, she doesn’t know. 
She’s my girl.  She loves being close.  She acts normal.   I know things aren’t normal.  Her white count is climbing to very high levels.   But, she still dances.   
When she wants me to hold her, she dances.   When she’s looking for me and she finds me, she dances.   One day, that will change.   “The Long Good bye”  can go on for a long time.  But, if you are facing this too, you know when they still want to be w you.  You know if they are in pain or, like Zoey, not in any pain.   And you keep going w them.  You keep holding them, feeding them, cuddling w them and loving them. 
I’m okay w this process of a long good bye.  And as long as Zoey still dances, I will dance w her. 💖

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

I am dancing with Zoey right now too !
May we dance for a long time.

LadyJicky said...

I am so sad to read that Ms Zoey stopped dancing .
Big hugs to you all Linda.... she will be missed.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES