Wednesday, May 3, 2023

TO ALL MY FOSTER DOGS

TO ALL MY FOSTER DOGS………,,,, 
There’s no need to flinch when I lift my hand. 
No need to cower each time I stand. 
No need to run when I come near. 
No need to tremble, I saw your fear. 
You can sleep with both eyes shut. 
Don’t need to jump when you wake up. 
Your food is yours to eat in peace. 
No need to fight to keep your feast. 
You don’t need to lie upon a hard floor.  
The beds and sofas are yours to explore. 
Don’t need to sit out in the rain. 
The house is your shelter, your new domain. 
I can’t erase the memories and fears. 
I can’t compensate for your wasted years. 
All I have is what you see.  
But I give you it all— and I give you me. 
I’ll give you these arms to comfort and hold. 
I give you this voice for the joys you’ll be told. 
I give you my heart and abundance of love. 
I give you my soul and I hope it’s enough. 
Author unknown. 
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

To be "SAFE" is such a wonderful thing and it would be a great world if all animals were "safe" !!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES