Monday, May 20, 2024

A NORMAL WEEKEND -- WALES, SOUTH AFRICA....

It began as a normal week-end.   
  Tuk Tuk was begging for coffee.   Does he get any?  Nope.  
It had rained a lot at my daughter's (and here, too).   So Tuk Tuk and Toasty ran the fence, through the puddles, with Rosie the dog next door.  
Granger is older, but he still participated enough to get very dirty. 
Yes, they were in great need of a bath.
It was Prom weekend.  So of course I had to see her.  This dress was my mom’s.  So my granddaughter is wearing her great grandmother’s dress from 1964.   It was hand made and hand beaded in the Philippines.  She wore her great grandmother’s earrings and her other grandmothers necklace.  She wore my diamond ring.  Very special outfit! 
My family was all over the place.  My granddaughter is interning in Canada in cancer research. 
And she saw a Peke.  His name is Casper. 
My husband was in Missouri. 
A lot of deer run through the yard. 
My son in law is in Wales.  That's now on my list of places to see.  It's beautiful there! 
And where is my youngest daughter? 
In S. Africa.  She teaches there every May and went on a safari with her students. 
Here, we just did house projects and took walks around the yard-- Barty and Cinnamon are mostly blind, so I help them navigate.  
For mid May, it's been chilly, so the fireplace was on, and morning coffee was inside relaxing.   How was your week-end?  :-)  
 

1 comment:

Ted & Grace's Mom said...

Oh my, that dress is WONDERFUL!! Beautiful and SO special. This whole post was spectacular!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES