Monday, April 6, 2015

CLEAN THE YARD!

 I'm sure you all know to clean your yard and pick up dog poop on walks, but I thought a reminder was good.    Not only do you not want to step in it-- it's just healthy to pick it up.
 We have Bits and Pekes at our house, so I try to clean the yard several times a day.   I don't want the Bits to step in it.   And I don't want the dogs to roll in it, eat it, or play with it.   Chumley will eat poop-- oh disgusting!
 I don't want him to kiss the Bits if he's had a poop snack!
 Cleaning up the poop can reduce the risk of: parvo, giardia, roundworms, hookworms (they are awful!), coccidia (this is one nasty parasite).    Cleaning the yard each day will keep your pet healthier.
And if you have a dog like Chumley-- who likes poop-- you can reduce his "snacking" and give him healthy treats instead. :-)  
Here is an article on this:
Click here: Diseases that can be Spread Through Feces

1 comment:

lady jicky said...

Its a every day job.

If you have a dog that likes to eat ..... they say to put pineapple in the food!

Anyone done this???? Does this work????

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES