Tuesday, October 25, 2022

A FAMILY LOVE OF PEKES

Most of you know that I've had Pekingese most of my life.   Paddington was a PVPC alumni.   Piper and Callie have been honored in.    I had my first Peke when I was 15, and it began the Peke journey.
Most of you know how royal Pekingese were-- only owned by the Royal Family in China.   I think they were all spoiled, like these being carried on a tray.    
Kristin shared  her family's love of Pekes, and she has continued having Pekes in her life.  This is Kristin's mom's first Peke, Abie.   This was taken about 1930--wow, almost 100 years ago.   He was responsible for beginning her mom's life long love of Pekingese.  
Maudie was Kristin's mom's girl-- it's amazing how many of us carry on the tradition of having Pekingese.  I know both my girls have had them.  
Meghann has Granger and the famous Tuk Tuk.  LOL   Bad hair day?
Hugo was Kristen's boy-- he is trapped by Elsie, the Boston Terrier puppy.  He doesn't seem to mind.  
Hugo was a beautiful boy-- with so many colors.   I love the tri-colored Pekes. 
Diva was one of Kristin's puppies years ago.   Her sister, Fanny, is below, sitting on the chair.
Nico was adopted from us and was a huge fan of toys.   Hugo lived his life to the fullest.   His brother, Elwood, is now looking for a friend.
Fanny was using her royal status and sitting on her throne-- yes, Pekes believe they should be on furniture.   Are yours allowed?   Mine are-- they usually are willing to share though. :-)
If you have a family legacy of Pekes, share some of your pictures.  We'd love to see them! 
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I have loved Pekingese for a very long time..... when I was a little girl the lady over the road had one and when we visited her - her red haired peke called Chin would chase my sister and I down their long hallway wanting to bite our ankles!
My sister did not like him but I loved him..... that tiny dog thought he was a lion!
I had my first Pekingese ... in fact , dog , when I was first married (my family were cat people but I was a dog person but not allowed to have one) so .... my first dog was a Cairn Terrier called Toby and when he got old - 10 years - we thought another dog will keep him alive with interest so.... Lulu our Pekingese came into our lives . Toby , who was a dour scottish dog trained her as a pup and she was lovely and had his attitude too. Lulu lived to 16 years.
We got Moi Moi and then Coco .. two beautiful x breeding Pekingese and when the last one died I thought I might be able to do one more dog in my life so it had to be a Pekingese --- Yum Yum came into our lives a few years back now.
I do hope the breed keeps going and breeders stop breeding "mini" ones with very flat faces.. they need to breath!!!
As Vet bills get more and more expensive , dogs like Pekingese will fall away and that would be sad... a world with no Peke's! Shocking !!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES