Friday, October 28, 2022

FRANCEY—A RESCUE STORY

Francey was in a shelter near  me.  Her owner said she didn’t have time for her.    Owners don’t realize the trauma these dogs go through.   Shelters are loud and scary and nothing is familiar.   
Francey was terrified.  She would not let anyone touch her.   She was not letting anyone close.   She did accept a treat from my friend, Susan, who volunteers there.   Francey could not even go out because no one could get her to take her out.   Her kennel area was very clean and clean piddle pads were there. She even had a window.  

I went to get her.  We got her into a crate and to my car.   “Are you safe?   Will you take care of me!”  
She road to my house and I carried the crate to my dining room. 
It was all set up for her.   
You’ll be fine Francey. 
She was curious and watching but I couldn’t touch her.  I let her rest.   I sat on the floor and let her sniff me.  She had no harness or collar on so going outside wasn’t able option yet.   She had piddle pads 
Day 2– she made progress and let me touch her.  I was able to get a harness on her and we went outside.   At first, it was just in the fenced yard.  Safety is critical.  Paddington wondered why he wasn’t out there, too. 
She was settling in.  
Then, it was day 4 and we went to the vet.  I knew it might not be her favorite thing.  So they used a big, soft blanket to hold her securely.  And she did do well!  
We checked everything.  Bloodwork and tick panel.  Urinalysis and ears and teeth.   She will need a dental.  She needs to be spayed.  She is only 8.9 pounds and needs to gain 2-3 pounds.  
She has a tiny ulcer on my eye.  I knew something was going on because her eye was red.  
And then she rested while they got her things ready.  
Off for home and to relax.   Today, we are driving to meet Robin, who will be her foster mom.    I’m trying to step back some because my schedule is so full but I’m glad to help these little ones begin their journey.  
Francey has relaxed a lot.  That will continue I’m sure.   She will not be available until her medical care is finished.  She needs to be healthy.   
Welcome to rescue, Francey.  We’re so glad you’re here. 💖
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Poor little Francey.... no time for her ! Honestly, why have a pet.

Still.... the positive side is you have her and Robin will be looking after her and she looks so sweet but so scared.

I hope the doctors report is good !

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES