Wednesday, November 6, 2013

PANDY AND ALLERGIC REACTION

Pandy is my daughter's Peke mix.   She was a rescue with us in 2004 and she is about 14-15 years old now.    She still has a lot of energy!
 Here she is earlier, but she has developed a lot of gray.   Her eyes are still bright though.
 She had an allergic reaction last Friday.   We rushed her to the vet, and she had to stay to get steroids and antihystamines.    She came home in the afternoon, but had to return in the early evening for another round of medical help. Her face was so swollen and her throat was reacting also-- so medical intervention was critical.   We don't know what bit her, or what she reacted to.    
I found an article on dog allergies and think it's worth everyone reading.    If you dog has an allergic reaction though, and the face, nose or throat swell, get to the vet!    Pandy is fine now and back to her old self.
http://www.doghasallergies.com/

1 comment:

lady jicky said...

I wonder what it was Linda! I am so glad she is better!
Plus --- I am doing better too. See - my email is getting better!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES