Saturday, April 17, 2021

GRACIE-- WELCOME TO RESCUE

Gracie was in a WV shelter-- a stray found wandering on her own.   Some of our supporters saw her on a site, and let me know.   I appreciate it because I can't check everything and this gave me a heads-up.  
I contacted the shelter, and they wanted her to come to rescue so she could get help.  
She went to her foster home on Thursday and then to the vet on Friday.  
We don't know her lab work results yet, but we know a few things.  
She is 6.7 pounds-- a tiny one.   
She met Buddy at her foster home.  He was adopted from us.   He's bigger, even though he looks tiny here.
Gracie had a bath and I'm sure she felt much better.   She was so good about it.  
Gracie has severe stenotic nares, so she will need surgery to open her nose.   We don't think she's spayed.  
She has some spinal compression, so we will see if going to a neurologist could help her.
Gracie's teeth also need help-- some are loose and I'm sure some in the back need removing.  We can do that.   Once her bloodwork comes back, we will make the next step to help her.   For now....
She is resting and safe and loved.   New life has begun.  

4 comments:

LadyJicky said...

What a sweet girl Gracie is and I am so glad you have her in rescue Linda.

I hope her blood work comes back ok ... looks like this little girl has been through the mills and now she will be loved and protected !

Rocco's blog said...

Rest well sweet Gracie! You’re safe and loved!

Lost Earring said...

Gracie is safe, she won the rescue lottery. I shudder thinking about there wandering on he own.

Unknown said...

I am so happy she is somewhere loved. I was sent her information a couple days ago and started searching for her. The shelter finally sent me information where she was. She’s a doll baby.❤️ My Chin, Abby, had so many of the same issues Gracie has so far. Abby was with me for 14 years, and we managed well with the issues.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES