Tuesday, April 13, 2021

YOU ARE WONDERFUL!

I've done rescue almost 18 years (next month).   And there are days, I think, "why do I keep doing this?"    I'm tired with everything else going on.  And 18 years is a LONG time in rescue.   There is a thing called Compassion Fatigue.   Continuing to see the animals in distress is hard.    But, you encourage me.  How?  Well, yesterday, I was asked if I knew how to get a wheelchair/cart for Happy.   
Happy was adopted from us.  His family is wonderful!  They adopted Berry, who was blind and who passed away.  Then, they adopted Happy, who is blind.  He has eyes, but he can't see anything.   They also adopted Stewart (see below), who has no eyes.  His family had turned him into a shelter.  Now, who wants a dog with no eyes-- well.  a LOT of us do!   
I posted asking for wheelchairs that were no longer being used-- and you all stepped up SO FAST that I was astounded.   If you are discouraged, just look at our site.  You find the most giving people EVER!
Penny and Gizmo's mom said she would send Jay Jay's wheelchair.  He only used it a short time before he passed away.  She said to just send the address and she would mail it.  WOW.
Thea's mom didn't have one, but she said she's contribute to buying one!  Several of you did that!
Stewart's mom and I were amazed-- and happy and encouraged.  
Crosby's mom had Triple's wheelchair.   We all remember Triple.  He came to us with foot cancer and lost his leg.  Did that slow down an adoption.  Not one bit!   Tara adopted him and adored him as long as he was with her.  Tara offered to give us his wheelchair.  
Abner's mom, Mary, said she had one she could send.  AMAZING!   (Remember Abner was a puppy of six months when I got him from a rural shelter and now he's a certified therapy dog.  WOW WOW.)  
I can get discouraged.  Rescue is hard.  It can be very emotionally draining.   But, I went outside, and spring is here.  I saw new life all around me.   And I looked around at all the dogs at my house-- everyone of them has a story.    We are a house full of stories.  
And I'm grateful because of all the love and caring I see in our group.  And each one of you who has donated, or adopted, or encouraged us is part of our group.   
So, I continue rescue and share my couch (they give me a sliver of space).   And I see love all around me.  So, thank you.  All of your responses to the wheelchair request show how much love there is in our group.   You are all the best!  

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

You know..... sometimes life feels so "crappy" and then ...... something happens like the wheelchair and people stepping up to the plate to help and how they have helped!!!!

Linda.... its a great world we live in when you see and read this!!!

You are ALL Peke Angels!!!!

* Peke Angels are Above Kings and Queens in my opinion!!!!

Lost Earring said...

I will say that yesterday's happenings brought me a big ray of sunshine because things happened so fast with the call for a wheelchair.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES