Monday, August 15, 2022

CHECK THE MICROCHIP DAY

All our foster dogs have been given microchips.   Buffy is one of them.   
So is Applesauce.   I told you on facebook that one of my pet peeves is dogs without ID tags on their collar or harness.  This tag should be on ALL THE TIME.   So many dogs are lost-- we think our dog will never get lost, but it happens.   Some of these dogs are reunited quickly, some end up in shelters.   And the shelters are so full.   I see many "lost and found" dogs on the internet-- "found with collar, but no name tag."   If a tag was on them, they could have gone home quickly.
Rosie lives in Richmond-- a PVPC alumni.   She has a microchip.  I see a name tag on her, too.   If you have adopted from us, please check to make sure who your dog is registered to.   If they are still in the club's name (my name), it may be time to put them in YOUR name.   I look like I own hundreds of dogs on the microchip sites.    Also, every year, please scan your dog at the yearly appointment to make sure the chip is still in there.  Some do come out.  Some move.    I checked Bruce for the microchip his owner said she had put in him.  It was there, but has moved down toward his leg.   The owner thought having it put in meant that he was in her name.  NOPE.   You have to follow up and register the dog.   So, when I went into the microchip site, I was able to simply register Bruce's prepaid chip in my name because it has never been registered.   He had NO owner listed.   Now he does.
Bellamy has one.    If you move, make sure your chip is updated.  An old phone number or address means you can't be contacted.   Be a great pet owner-- keep a tag and a microchip on your best friend.  💖  And check and update them.  Your pet will be grateful.  

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I must get it checked when we see the Vet.

So important.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES