Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Two Coneheads

Sometimes, when a Peke has surgery, they have to wear an e-collar to keep them from licking their stitches. They usually HATE the e-collars and really want to get at those stitches that are driving them crazy. Well, I had two that had surgery and so I had two "coneheads" in the house at one time. They're both in other foster homes now. I can only take dogs overnight now because I have a full house with the rest.
Cocoa (on the left) was really annoyed with his e-collar. His stitches were driving him crazy! He yelled and cried. We gave him pain meds and benydryl, but all he wanted was the e-collar OFF. Don't worry, by the time you read this, his e-collar is off and he is fine!
Bugsy/Buddy didn't give a care about his stiches. I finally just took his collar off. He never did bother his stitches. Amazing how some are unaware they've had surgery. Look at this face! Looks like a little angel doesn't he. HA!
Buddy can be a pistol, but his foster mom Diane, is determined to curb his little temper. He does great with his foster sisters and is learning that one of them definitely rules! More tomorrow on Buddy!!

4 comments:

lady jicky said...

We call the coneheads the "cone of silence" here! LOL
All my dogs have hated them.

Buddy looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

The Hoot-Owl Harangue said...

Ok, I'm totally hooked w/ your blog! I have been a peke owner for almost 20 years and have grown up around this WONDERFUL breed! God bless you for what you do! I'm so excited to be a follower of Must Love Pekes! btw--my little guy's name is Colby and he's my heart!

The Hoot-Owl Harangue said...

I'm already hooked! I love your blog spot! God bless you for what you do! I have been a peke owner for almost 20 years and have been blessed with them around me my whole life! My peke, Colby, is the king of the house and the apple of my eye! I'm so excited to be a follower of Must Love Pekes!

Linda said...

Welcome! I'm glad you enjoy the blog-- I have a lot of fun doing it.
Linda

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES