Thursday, June 14, 2012

BABY DUCK?

Sometimes, Peke rescue takes a turn-- and this was a big one! It's a baby duck. He was following his mama and somehow lost her as he got stuck in the grass. A neighbor found him, and brought him to me, asking if I'd seen the mama duck and ducklings. I have a small creek behind me, so we looked-- no mama duck.My neighbor was frazzled, so my daughter said she would take a duck to another neighbor who does wildlife rescue. WELL, turns out she doesn't do ducks. The closest one was twenty miles away. So, off my daughter went, and the little duck is now with lots of baby ducks and having a great time. He's not a Peke, but he did get rescued. :-)

3 comments:

Toni Davis said...

Awwwwwwwwww! I love this story! People who rescue are sensitive to all animals and their needs:) Your family has no choice but to have rescue genes:) I have had to call the SPCA or animal control for several rabbits and birds. Animal control will actually come pick them up and get them to the appropriate wild life person!

Linda said...

That's good to know. We found a wildlife person, but good to know others will help!

lady jicky said...

So cute!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES