Monday, September 3, 2018

WELCOME BUGSY

MEET BUGSY
 We received a plea from a man who was about to become homeless.   Would we help him?   He had a 14 year old Pekingese, Bugsy, who he desperately wanted in a safe place.   Could you say no?
 We couldn't either.   Sonia and Nikki stepped right up to help transport him.
 I met Nikki at the vet and could see that this not so little boy needed help.
 His owner had said he could not take care of him the past year, but we could step in.
 His eyes needed help and he needed to be groomed.  My vet could do all that.
 He wasn't too sure what was going on.  But, he could hear soothing voices and was soon in the back at the vet, getting the care he needed.
 Bettina has a way with dogs -- she is amazing.  After getting bloodwork, it was time to have a haircut.   He was so good!
 He had a bath, and a few vaccines (we spread them out by a few weeks).   We found out he is blind, and he's a big boy at 26 pounds.   He has arthritis, so we have started him on Dasuquin to see how he does.   He is in his foster home with Nikki (thank you!) and has a yard to roam in.  He is sniffing the grass, exploring.   His foster doggy siblings are being very good with him. 
We will set up a dental for him and he will be ready for a forever home.  If you love the old ones like I do, let us know if he can live out his life with you.
 Potomac Valley Pekingese Club - Online Application adopt

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

Oh I just love him...... I am doing my adoption dance right now.

Lost Earring said...

I'm so troubled for this man who loves his Pekingese beyond all and wanted him to be safe. I hope he too will find welcoming arms like his Bugsy has found.

I pray for an adopter who is familiar with seniors and I pray that his Papa can find food and shelter. Those of us with safe and secure homes sometimes forget that there are people in this land of plenty who are not so lucky.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES