Saturday, October 13, 2018

MANDY GOES TO HER FOSTER HOME

 Mandy spent the night with my vet so she could have all her necessary tests run.  Her eyes were checked (and she has drops now), her ears were cleaned and medication given (oh, they look so much better now and I know SHE feels better).   She has meds for her heart murmur (4 of 6).  She was set to go! 
 We got ready to make the trip to Williamsburg (an hour away) to meet her foster mom, Barbara.   Mandy rode in a crate, since I thought the seat belt would confuse her.  She settled right down.
 My trip was longer than usual.   Hurricane Michael did a lot to so many areas, including Williamsburg.   It was nothing like what Mexico Beach in Florida suffered (total devastation), but there were trees down, and no electricty-- which meant lights were not working.  Policemen were monitoring the intersections, but some roads were closed due to electric lines down and fallen trees.
 I wanted to go see my daughter (who had clean up to do and no electricity), but downed lines blocked the way I knew to get there.  (Yes, I had WAZE on, but I think it was confused!)
 Granger was helping with clean up, but I didn't get to see him.   It was okay, my daughter met me and we had lunch before I headed home. 
 After dropping off Mandy, she made the trip with Barbara to her foster home.   She will get used to what the house lay out is, and meet her new friends there.   Ginny LoLo, Melrose and Kasey will help her, I'm sure. 
She settled into her new bed, and took a nap.   After being lost, and found on a bridge, this must seem like such a safe place for her.   Thank you, Barbara, for taking this little girl into your home for fostering.

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

Mandy is so sweet .
We have seen the hurricane on our TV .... just shocking .
So glad your family were ok .

Lost Earring said...

Beautiful little Mandy, now safe and sound with Barbara. It must feel heavenly to Mandy to not be lost with confusing sounds of danger and possibly nothing to eat or even water as she tried to make her way to a safe place.

So lucky this plucky girl was found. She is so cute.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES