Friday, October 12, 2018

WELCOME MANDY

I received a note that this little girl was in a shelter near me.
 I contacted the shelter, and they really wanted this little one to get rescue help.  It's hard to get dogs out of shelters sometimes.  They give the public first choice.
 We know we will do more than most people will do.  But, we can only help the ones we are offered.
 So I went to pick her up last night, after a very long day already.  Sometimes, we just have to do that.
 She was glad to be out.
 Where are we going?
 We named her Mandy.
 Mandy has bad ears-- and we don't think she can hear.  :-(  Maybe once her ears heal, some hearing will be restored.
 She is 11 pounds, and could gain a little, but she's small.
Unfortunately, she is also blind, but we had lap time to soothe her confusion.  She has a heart murmur, too.  So, blind and deaf and heart murmur... what can we do???  We can give her comfort.  We can put her on heart meds.  And ear meds, and eye meds.  We can love her.  It's what we do.  We are rescue.   We can't help them all, but she's ours now, and we will help her. 

5 comments:

Lost Earring said...

OMG Linda, it took just one look to fall in love with her. Such a happy little face when she got out of jail.

I keep thinking of her on that bridge and being blind and now learning she can't hear and has a heart condition.

I have learned to hold my temper when I see another Fur Baby rescued and in need of medical help and love but I still don't understand why or how Mandy and the other lost ones arrive at your door.

Unknown said...

She is so cute! My Gizmo is blind and either hard of hearing or selective hearing. He has bad arthritis. he's now 19 years old so as long as they are happy and well cared for , that is the best that can be done and pekes surprise me all the time. Good luck and wish all well .

The Klein Klan said...

Oh my goodness!!! What an angel!!! Sending love and well wishes her way!!! thank you rescue angels for helping her!!! <3

LadyJicky said...

What a cute one Mandy is and if you want just a slow little dog to keep you company... Mandy is your girl !!!!

Doing my adoption dance for little Mandy :)

Cookie said...

wow thank you so much !!! my puppy is 15.5 and is blind in one eye and can't hear or see the same, however she's still spunky, fiesty, and can always smell food or HEAR a potato chip bag !!! Maybe its selective hearing hahah a

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES