Saturday, June 21, 2014

FAREWELL PAULA POUND PUPPY

 Paula came to us from a Maryland shelter.   We were told she was an "unaltered six year old" who was listed as adoptable.    We got her and she was NOT six.
 In fact, through a lot of "roadways" we found her original owners and this was a picture of Paula when she was younger.
 Marilyn was her foster mom, and her Jelly took Paula under his wing.   He would curl up with her to give her company.
 It turned out that Paula was almost 15 when we got her (we found out her birthday) and she was blind and almost deaf.     But, did we turn out back on her-- not a chance.    She became a permanent foster that lived 9 1/2 months of love and care and good food and lots of attention.    
Yesterday, I talked to Marilyn who felt Paula was not doing well.   Today, she declined rapidly and died about 1:00 in the afternoon.    Marilyn loved this little girl so much, and I know it is a huge loss for her.   Thank you, Marilyn, for all you did for her and for giving her over nine months of incredible care.    She was so blessed to have you.   Rest in peace, little one-- and run free!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading farewells to any of our Beloved Pekes brings tears to my eyes in memory of my two Pekes playing at the Rainbow bridge waiting for me. I know the pain in your heart oh so well. Paula knows who was good to her during her lifetime. Being a special gift from God, will bring good words for you straight to Gods ears. Someday you will see Paula young and lively waiting for you with wet sloppy kisses.

Unknown said...

Reading farewells to any of our Beloved Pekes brings tears to my eyes in memory of my two Pekes playing at the Rainbow bridge waiting for me. I know the pain in your heart oh so well. Paula knows who was good to her during her lifetime. Being a special gift from God, will bring good words for you straight to Gods ears. Someday you will see Paula young and lively waiting for you with wet sloppy kisses.

lady jicky said...

Oh Marilyn ... I am so sorry .
Paula looked like a real sweetie and they are the ones you miss the most.

Love to you from Australia.

Doris Sturm said...

I'm very sorry for your loss - I know it hurts, but you have given her 9 1/2 months of love and a good home. Thank you for helping this sweet Paula girl find peace during the last months of her life.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES