Tuesday, May 22, 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAI KAI!

Kai Kai came to me as a foster in April of 2011.  He was almost 6 years old at the time.   
He was so loving and had the most stunning red color with black highlights.
He was allowed to be here by Starlight-- she ruled the house.
We had no acceptable applications for him-- I never figure out why some dogs are just not adopted. 
But, I was glad-- I loved this boy.   I love them all, but Kai Kai got into the deepest part of my heart.   After a year, I said "enough" and he became mine.
Two years ago,  he was having trouble seeing.  He could be startled by others walking by.  So, we had his eyes checked.  He had cataracts-- we saw the best ophthalmologist there is, Dr. Nadelstein in Chesapeake, VA. 
Kai Kai was one of the rare ones who had every reaction to surgery.  He ended up with four surgeries, the last one to remove his eyes that were so painful and could no longer be helped.   When I went to pick him up that day, his tail wagged like crazy when he heard my voice.   He loves me-- I love him.  ❤️
When Benny/Benjamin was here as my foster, neither could see.  They passed like ships in the night haha.  They were about the same size, color and sweet temperament.   :-)  (There is humor in many things if you are willing to see it.)
I put an army helmet on him-- cracked everyone up-- and he was such a good sport.
Kai Kai even went to the vet for Benny's eye appointment and Dr. Nadelstein was so happy to see Kai Kai and how well he was doing. 
Kai Kai kept adjusting-- not as much as I hoped, but he was never brave to begin with.   It's okay-- I'm here to care for him.
In March of this year, Kai Kai had a stroke.  I thought I would lose my boy.   He was so compromised.
But, he didn't give up and I didn't either.   His head tilt is much better now.   He still gets confused on direction, but I rescue him.   And he wags his tail.   Oh my heart.
Sugar Bit adores Kai Kai-- and he loves her, too.  So, I want to say Happy 13th birthday this month to my precious boy.  I'm so glad you are still with me-- you've been through so much, but you have my heart and we'll keep on walking this journey together.   ❤️❤️❤️  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAI KAI!

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Happy Birthday Kai Kai

love
Melinda and Coco XXX

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES