Friday, January 11, 2013

VALERIE-- WHY DO I FOSTER?

I asked my fosters "why do you foster?"   I wanted to share some responses with you over the next few weeks.   (I've done a few already.)   This is from Valerie, Chloe's foster mom.   "I foster because I want to give a second chance to an innocent Pekingese. These dogs have been neglected and abused at no fault of their own. They in turn don't trust and are labeled as having behavioral issues. I like being able to work with a Peke to regain their trust and hopefully one day adopted into a loving home where they will be appreciated for all they have to offer. I foster also because I miss the companionship I received from my Peke Willow. She died December (2011) last year and the house is so empty without her. It's so special to come home from work and have a smiling face meet you at the door every day. It makes you realize that you are loved unconditionally."     Thank you, Valerie!  We appreciate you!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES