Tuesday, May 20, 2014

2014 PICNIC-- PEKENIC!

 We had a wonderful picnic!   Over 85 people there and I think almost the same number of Pekingese!    If you love Pekes, this was the place to be!
 Every person who signed in got a Peke bag-- it had a wrist band ("I love my rescue dog."), a measuring cup, treats, mints and more.     Robin ordered these and I think they are wonderful!!!    We have a few left over---
 Jim and Matt (my husband) were the grill masters again.   They do this every year and I think they enjoy it-- I did finally get over there to grab a burger!
The sign was up and everyone came to have fun!
 We had a silent auction and this was one of the outfits that was there.    It looks pretty stunning on this little guy!!   We had dog beds, outfits, a glass Pekingese cutting board, a PVPC Thirty-One bag, jewelry.... so many things to buy to support Peke rescue!
 As we presented the foster dogs there, I had to stand on the bench so people could see me-- I know, I know, I'm short!
 Little Miss Suki was adopted last week and came to her first Peke picnic.    Are you waiting for your lunch?
 Maddy sent me a lot of pictures.   He's becoming a pro at the picnic routine.   He was adopted at the picnic, so it's a special time for him!
 Butters was there-- he always makes a hit.   He is a PVPC alumni, too.   His mom and dad drove from NYC to come.    (Abner's parents drove from New York also-  and we had two men from Indiana!)
 Oh, the cuteness at the picnic was overwhelming.
 Coltrane made an appearance-- he looks like a mini-St. Bernard.  He's available for adoption.
 This stunning boy is a service dog-- he's come before with his official vest on.   Beautiful!
 He was watching all the dogs--
 Phoebe was beautiful!
 So many Pekes-- this is pretty Girl-Girl.
 And they all got along!  We had NO fights!
 Just Pekes getting to know each other and loving every minute of it.
 I think this is Bingo--
 Chester hung out in his colorful playpen when he wasn't being held by someone.
 A new friend showed up--
 Blond Bit helped at the photo shoot-- there were flower props, hats, crowns.... More on that later!
 Abigail was so happy!
 She was with her friends-- new friends-- I see a photo shoot hat there. Must be the sheriff!
And at the end of the day, they were sharing secrets about how much fun they had.   We all did!

4 comments:

lady jicky said...

I am loving those Peke Picnic photos!!!

Hello Butters - if I was there I would be trying to pinch you !!! LOL

In fact Linda .... I would have to have a pretty big suitcase ... I would be trying to get many of those cuties back to Oz!!! LOL

Tracey said...

I love all the photos! Looks like a beautiful day for a picnic and lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Looks as though fun was had by all. I hope to be there next year, or before.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed seeing all the pics. It looks as though fun was had by all.I hope to be there next year or before.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES