Friday, August 16, 2024

BATH DAY


Oh, it was the dreaded bath day.   Cinnamon wasn't crazy about the blow dryer, but I kept it on low and she did fine.  She's so good in the sink.   
She thought "oh well"- nothing I can do about it.   She is getting braver about me dremeling her nails.  I do it for all mine now.  The sound of the nail clippers scares them all, so I finally gave up on it.  (It scared me, too!) 
Paddington and Piper were done, too.   With Piper, he hates a brush.  His poodle hair gets tangled and he hates having it brushed out, so I learned to do something else.   I use round tipped scissors.  I hold them like a 2 forked prong.   And I use it like a comb to go through his hair.   If I hit a tangle, I'm only hitting it in one area and sometimes, the scissors will help slide through it to untangle it.  
 Piper is much better with me doing it this way.
He's good about me trimming his face.   I'm not a groomer, but I've learned some things I can do on my own to keep them looking nice.  
He let me take his picture on the "grooming table."  I have one, but it's nicer to be on the porch.  I just slide over the metal table and put a cloth pad on it, and we blow dry there.  
As long as they were getting baths, I did many of the toys, too.  After washing them, they all went into the hammock to air dry.   The harnesses were washed right along with them. 
Cinnamon's ear fringes are getting long like Paddington's.   😀 Her hair is so thick!
And her tail feathers are long.  So different than when she came into rescue. 
We had a visitor, too.   Paddington checked her out but when she got too close, he fussed at her.  She just said, "Yes Sir!" and walked away.   She's only 6 months old, and small.  
It's never boring at our house! 
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh Bath Day.
Yum is not a fan of the washing but he is ok with my hair dryer.
I like the way you dry the toys!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES