Thursday, August 8, 2024

CINNAMON’S STORY

CINNAMON COOKIE
Several have asked if I'd tell Cinnamon's story again.   (Notice how thick her hair is now.   Her tail is so fluffy and she's very good about being bathed and groomed.  She has no meanness in her at all.  
She came into rescue in December.   She was in "ok" shape, but she needed good nutrition.   There were no injuries on her body.  
But she had a lot of emotional injury.   She was just so fearful.  
(Her hair was short and not thick at all.   Now it's magnificent.)
Her tail was just there, skimpy.  
She immediately wanted to be close to Piper and Paddington.  
Over time, she began to feel safe here.  With me.  Only me.   She will now let Matt touch her, but will leave if she can.  
She learned that toys were fun.   But she had that look-- she was expecting something bad to happen.  
She began hanging out where Paddington and Piper were.   And Paddington was so good with her--- not "Bad Pad" like he can be.   I was very surprised.  He seemed to know she needed him.  
Even Toasty snuggled with her.  
Cinnamon had severe anxiety.  If anyone walked in, she ran.  She was terrified.  I had to catch her to hold her so she would feel safe.   I don't know what happened to her-- I have some ideas.  But it wasn't good.   No dog needs to be this afraid.  
In our home, she has learned she is safe.  But any sudden noise will make her run.  She could not be in a home where there is a lot of activity or loud noise.  
Cinnamon has come so far-- but I felt a home change would be very detrimental to her.   She is so bonded with me and Piper and Paddington.   I was thinking of taking her on a trip with me, but I don't think she'd do well without her Paddington.  
She needs her boy-- and it's so sweet to see her find him.   She is visually impaired; I think she can see shapes.  The ophthalmologist said she has very little vision.  Too many scars.   But she is amazing as she has learned the house and the yard.   She has her little routes around the yard, and of course, she listens for Paddington.  
I'll keep you updated on her.   I'm not sure she will ever be anxiety free, but she's loved and safe here.   I wasn't looking for another dog-- but I think she was looking for us.  We are now her family.  💗
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Cinnamon has come a long way and her coat is just beautiful now. I think she will get a little better in time with her anxiety. I know my Coco was very anxious when we first got her and she did not like men but it took a year and she started to love my husband and not "jolt" when he came into the room .
I do miss her and she was a red head like Cinnamon too.
In time Cinnamon will relax but I do not think fully.... Coco always had a touch of anxiety about her but she was so much better and very happy until she went to the Rainbow Bridge.
Miss her so.... give Cinnamon a big hug for me.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES