Saturday, August 24, 2024

INTERNATIONAL BLIND DOG DAY

 
Yesterday was International Blind Dog Day.  
This day honors the blind and the partially blind.  Max was my one eyed Peke (I’ve had many) and he could see. 
But my Kai Kai lost both eyes.  
Kai Kai was more dependent on me after he lost his eyes, but he still made us smile.   I took this and said, "Where are you?"   We smiled and laughed-- and loved him so much. 

He had both eyes when I got him. He had big beautiful brown eyes. 
My grand dog Barty has almost no vision or hearing.  He’s an old boy now but he still gets around.  
Cinnamons vision is very limited.  She may see shapes and she gets around well. At night though, I have to use a high-powered flashlight outside. 
Zoey was a sweetheart.  She had lost one eye, and she had limited vision in the other eye.  She was a sweetheart. 
 
Minnie didn’t have good vision.  But she was my girl.  Today is a day to celebrate blind and partially sighted dogs.  If you have one now or have had a sight impaired dog in the past, share their picture.  They’re the best. 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Happy Blind Dog Day to all doggies that are eye challenged !!
Oh Linda.... wasn't Kai Kai a red beauty!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES