Friday, August 23, 2024

OLIVIA-PEKE WANNA-BE

Olivia came out of a shelter near me a week ago.  I love how she crosses her paws.  We decided to help the other dogs in need since the shelter was so crowded.  
Birdie can’t play right now since she was just spayed  and needs time to heal. So Callie stepped in.  They gently paw each other. 🥰  So cute. 
Birdie Bea came last week also.  She will go to her longer term foster home on Monday.   (I was doing her initial care.) 
Like Birdie, Olivia had her initial intake vetting.  We do a lot.  Full blood panel, urinalysis, tick panel and vaccines. 
I had my Callie Hound at the vet along w Olivia.  Callie is old and has several issues like high blood pressure and bladder issues.  
 
Unlike Birdie, Olivia’s bloodwork the first time was pretty bad.  How could such an active and happy girl be sick.  We repeated the bloodwork and it still wasn’t great.  She began medication and is now on medical hold until she can stabilize.  After that, she can be spayed.  We also did lung X-rays and her lungs and heart look fine. Our vet thinks she must have drunk or eaten some bad stuff while she was a stray.  It’s okay, she can take her time healing.  She’ll just stay w me.   
For now, she will keep stealing my dish towels, playing w toys, roaming around the yard and curling up beside me.  I’ll get to enjoy her longer. ❤️
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I just love the crossed paws for Luck!!! lol

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES