Tuesday, September 21, 2010

PETEY AND ALICE-- ADOPTED

I know most of us don't fly often, but just wanted to give a warning about flying your dogs. You can go to: Click here: speakingforspot.com to see what Dr. Kay writes about this. Half the dogs who die in airplanes are the flat faced dogs-- they simply don't breathe well in airplane baggage areas. Many airlines will not even allow them to be placed there. I know I wouldn't.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I love to announce adoptions! We've had several lately and I'm thrilled for these Pekes.
Here's Petey-- he was a crosspost of ours (not one of our PVPC fosters, but important just the same) and he came out of Georgia. He was ten pounds of love at 4-5 years old.
He is going to live near me in Virginia Beach. I met his new mom last week and he is going to have so much love! I can't wait to meet him and kiss him myself! I know his foster mom, Lori, will miss him. But, it's what we do-- love them, care for them and then let them go when it's time. It's hard work, but so rewarding.
++++
And Alice was adopted, too! She was saved from a puppy mill. At six years old, she had never known what a home was like until Emily saved her.
One eye is smaller but she can see just fine out of the other one. Here's a note her foster mom sent to me:

Alice Balice from the Palace is at her furever home. Her new parents are two wonderful people that live in Frederick, MD. They came out last week to meet with her and fell head over heels in love. They were discouraged because she is a bit skittish and fearful, and weren't sure that she would be comfortable with them, but they didn't give up hope that she would be able to fit in at their house. Their vet check was perfect and talking to them I was totally comfortable with them for her. I am so happy that she found such a happy home. I cried yesterday at work several times, and I kept thinking that it might be best for her if I just keep her because she does love me and the boys, but when I brought her over to their house, I felt totally at peace. Alice walked in like she owned the place. She was so comfortable in the house, that she started exploring right away, and let them pick her up and pet her. She smiled so bright it warmed my heart. She was so happy to be there with them. She was smiling from ear to ear from the minute that she entered the house, and she went right to work finding her favorite places to lay and actually went to bed right in their living room in the nice comfortable bed that they bought just for her! She has a perfect back yard and two cats that she will be sharing her new palace with. I think that she will like the quiet of their house, and getting to be the princess of her very own palace as opposed to sharing the kingdom with my brood here... which, let's be honest... must annoy her LOL. She has lots of nice treats and toys, a new harness, and there is so much love in that house. I miss her already, but I just know that they are perfect for each other. It was a tearful night without her smiling face here in my bed with me, but I know that they will have a lifetime of love and happiness together. I was blessed to have the time that I did with her, and thank you Mary again for entrusting me to care for her, help her finally be the dog that she always should have had the chance to be, and find her the perfect family.
For everyone, but especially Mary, because she knew Alice before we had her... here's the last video that I took of her in the backyard with the boys (about a week ago). Can you believe she's the same little peke that came from the airport a few months ago? Such a sweet and happy girl. I miss her so much already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_eMaXWpjY
Emily
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AND THIS IS WHAT WE DO-- LOVE THEM ALL WE CAN. WE ARE JUST THE BRIDGE TO THEIR NEW HOME-- WHAT A PRIVILEGE IT IS TO HELP THEM.
LINDA

2 comments:

lady jicky said...

How lovely to see Petey and Ms Alice adopted. It must be so hard to let them go but .... you can't keep them all and if that lady walked into that house like she owned it - that was meant to be!
Love to all :)

emilyp said...

I love adoption stories!!! Yay for new homes:) Seeing them leave must be so hard..but so rewarding at the same time:)

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES