Monday, September 20, 2010

Suet-Suet

I wanted to update you all on my grandson. He's home now! Thank you all of you who prayed for this little one!! (He was almost 7 weeks early.) He was 5 pounds 2 ounces last Thursday and is doing well. Since my other grandchildren are: Lil Bit, Bitty Bit, and Drill Bit, I had to come up with a "bit" name since I now have "Four Bits." (Thanks for that name suggestion, Jane!) I finally came up with a name for him-- "Beach Bit." Since he lives near the beach, this seemed a good fit. I'll have to take him for a walk on the boardwalk once I begin to take care of him-- yep, I'm going to do that when my daughter returns to work. I may be a little slow on some other things, but I'm excited for him to know me well. Every grandmother's dream! My grandma name is "Moppy" so Moppy and Beach Bit will have lots of fun times together.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This beautiful Peke is Suet-Suet. His name is Cantonese for snow. He lives in Maryland is was born February 21, 1995, which makes him 15 years and 7 months old. He has slowed down some but is still a very valued member of his family.
His family takes him on trips with them. He was in Virginia Beach-- and walking on the boardwalk!
He went to see Neptune's statue-- and even had his picture taken on it!
Look how brave he is. Hello up there, Suet-Suet!
You can see he loves big dog biscuits. He gets a big one on Sunday morning and parades it around the first floor of the house before settling on the right place to eat it. (It takes him two days to eat it.)
Suet-Suet has to have to keep his fur cut short due to both its weight and heat tolerance. The heat this summer was very hard on him (and many other Pekes, too!), but he looks forward to the cold weather when his relatives (the "snowflakes") come to visit. I'm not a cold weather person, but I was even looking forward to snowflakes on those hot days we had. (Now that it's cooling down, I'm loving our weather!)
Assuming all things go well, he will take his annual vacation soon to Virginia Beach where he gets to walk again on the boardwalk and smell all of the unique smells of the ocean. He will be in my neck of the woods!! I'll have to look for him. :-)

8 comments:

cby said...

What wonderful news! Happy tears over AM coffee in Maryland!

Fu and Caleb are doing the Peke dannce to celebrate!

lady jicky said...

I can see little Beach Bit and Suet-Suet down by the beach together Linda!

emilyp said...

Suet-Suet is a very handsome peke:) I love the pics of him in Neptunes Statue!!

congrats on Beach Bit going home!!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

He's beautiful! Love to hear of senior pekes being loved and spoiled. (And I absolutely adore the picture of him up on the neptune statue!)

Congrats on the new grandbaby -- glad to hear he's doing well.

Karin said...

Beach bit is an adorable new addition to your little Blessings (grandkids)! I bet you'll have lots of fun at the beach together!

Suet-suet looks like a very happy peke! He sure is a pretty boy.

Paladin2010 said...

Suet-Suet wanted me to tell you all how much he appreciated all the kind comments. Today was his 15yr and 7 month birthday! We have told him that when he reaches 16 we will get him his learners permit...there go the insurance rates!!!!

Linda said...

Suet-Suet's owner sent me this comment on the blog:
"... he patrols our back yard and the wind blows through his fur-- we are all blessed by his presence."

They sure love their boy!
Linda

Linda said...

Suet-Suet's owner sent me this comment on the blog:
"... he patrols our back yard and the wind blows through his fur-- we are all blessed by his presence."

They sure love their boy!
Linda

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES