Friday, July 1, 2011

MIDNIGHT

Jasper heard I was going to the shelter today. Yes, I am, Jasper. You just wait at home and rest.

Scooter and Jasper heard me come home. Is she bringing another dog here? Scooter is used to it, but Jasper knows something is up! And he was beside himself when he saw another black Peke come into the house! I had to finally put him upstairs so he didn't get all worked up over the new one! (Since Jasper is undergoing heartworm treatment, he doesn't need to get his heart racing!)

Yes, I was bringing home Midnight. He was in a shelter near me. I found out why he was there.

This little 13 pounder's owner died, and one of her friends took him to her house. But, her Pit Bull attacked Midnight, so the lady had animal control come and take Midnight to the shelter. Midnight doesn't seem to have any injuries from that attack. But, he spent almost two weeks in the shelter and I'm sure he was terrified.

At the vet, he was looking around-- he wasn't crazy about the flash on my camera. He kept turning away, so I wasn't able to get very many pictures of him.


Midnight is only about a year old. He is going to have his eye folds (nasal fold surgery) reduced next week and he's on antibiotics for kennel cough. I think with time, he will settle right into his foster home. He's a sweet boy who has been through a lot this month-- it's time to for life to be happy for him.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Sweet Midnight. So much trauma in such a young life. I know he'll have a happy life.

Wondering if you could share some information about the nasal folds. My youngest needs to have that surgery but I've just started researching and am unsure of really where to begin with this. Would love to learn more from you.


Thanks much,
Jennie

lady jicky said...

Oh Linda, that Midnight is such a lovely peke!!
Oooo --- pop him on a plane to my home .
I do hope he gets adopted pronto and I would be so scared too after that pit bull !
We have them (pit bull terriers) here too and I really think its a breed that should be illegal.

emilyp said...

What a cutie:) Glad that he is safe in his foster home:)

PrimeTimeMom said...

I adopted a Midnight and now he's known as Nighty. He looks just like this Peke but with a little longer legs. He's a comedian!

PrimeTimeMom said...

OOh, he looks just like my Midnight, now renamed Nighty that I got from Carol Gardner at JCCare. Nighty has longer legs so they thought he was a peke/chin mix. He's such a comedian! He was found running in a field next to a trailer park. How anyone could let this precious dog go, I can not imagine. He's the light of our lives.

Karin said...

I'm amazed Midnight survived a pitbull attack. He's definitely been through a lot in a short time. He's safe & sound now.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES