Tuesday, February 28, 2012

ROSEBUD OF ST. LOUIS

I want you to meet Rosebud of St. Louis. She was a puppy mill survivor who was saved two years ago. She is only 6 years old, and a little nine-pounder.

Rosebud loves to be carried out to the yard. She can navigate her way back up the deck and to the sliding door. You see, Rosebud is totally blind.

One eye is very small and the other is oversized-- she was given no care in the puppy mill-- one of the worst in the area. I hate to think of the pain she endured before she was rescued.

She loves to be on the pillow on the bed. She has lots of friends! If you click to enlarge this picture, you can see a tiny foster Pom in the middle of the pillows. I know her foster parents love each one so much. (Fostering gives you the opportunity to love so many!)

Rosebud is curled up for the night, snug between her mom and dad. She will be cherished for the rest of her life. Saving these wonderful dogs is heartbreaking at times, but the reward and love is priceless. (If you want to be part of helping us to save these dog by fostering, just email us at potomacpekes@gmail.com.

2 comments:

lady jicky said...

I love that bed of fluff balls!

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, how I wish I could, but I'd be afraid, I'd want to keep them all...they are precious! Thanks for saving them and bringing joy and love into their lives! God bless you for all you do!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES