Sunday, September 17, 2017

CHARLIE-- HEARTWORM TREATMENT DONE!

 Charlie has been at the vet for his final two day heartworm treatment.  He has to stay for monitoring.
 This shot goes deep into the muscle and it is painful-- so if you are not giving your dog monthly heartworm preventative, YOU SHOULD BE!   It's cheap compared to the cost and emotional/physical cost a dog goes through if they get heartworms.  He is getting medication to help him through the treatment.
 Charlie was resting but came to me as I talked to him and rested his head in my hand.
 Sweet boy.  Oh, my heart.  (And Sherry's and Lisa's, and Sarah's and Martha's....)
 He is staying at the vet until this afternoon.  He is in the main monitoring area where they can keep an eye on him all the time.  My vet is open 24/7, so there is always someone there.  Have I said how much I love my vet!
Charlie's journey in rescue is almost done.  He will continue his quiet recovery in his new home.  If any dog deserved this, Charlie is the one!   Charlie says HAPPY SUNDAY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayers on your last treatment. Hope you have a fantastic life from now on. Hugs and kisses

LadyJicky said...

Always do your heartworm tabs or shots!!!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES