Friday, May 7, 2021

GRACIE AND K9 FLU

K9 influenza hasn’t been common in my area.  So my fosters and my own dogs haven’t had the flu shot.   Sissy-Missy is about to get one though.  
That’s because we found out that Gracie had K9 flu and it was extremely serious.  She could have died. 
I thought, “what if she had come to me and all the dogs were exposed?”  Like Minnie.  
You may be surprised that I hadn’t given that shot.   After having three immune dogs who had IMHA, I had really talked to my vet about needed vaccines and how often they were given.  Bogie and Paddington are updated.  Some shots are required—rabies is every three years.  Some shots are yearly, but my vet has stretched out some that don’t have to be yearly.  
Barty my granddog hasn’t had a flu vaccine this year.  
Bogie and Zoey don’t know things are changing. 
Zoey will be good I’m sure.  I talked to the clinic today, and told them I’d be bring all the dogs in for the flu series. It’s two shot series. 
Callie hound will get one, too. 

 And our foster dogs, like Daisy, will also be taken in. 

Do your dogs have the flu vaccine? Flu symptoms can be mild to serious to fatal.   I’m not taking the change.  Here we go!  

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I do not think we have that shot???
Is it kennel cough???

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES