Thursday, May 13, 2021

TUK TUK—A FOSTER ADVENTURE

Just when you think "I can't do anymore", I was  "asked" to do more.   My life is so busy-- happy busy, but busy.   Could I help another.  I said yes.
And this one was right up the road so to speak.   (He's not sick, he's keeping his eye on the grass.  LOL)
So, I set up the pen again-- Rich gave me this years ago and it's been used so much.  Stuffed animals were added that Tuk Tuk likes to sleep with.   He is usually curled up with the bear.
He's already getting good at using the piddle pad!  Smart boy.  And we go outside every hour or two and he is getting used to that.
He followed Minnie out to the yard.  He's so small that I stay with in inches of him.  Dogs this small are  "hawk bait" so you need to stay close.
Callie has "adopted" him.  We know she was used to breed.   She had a hard life before she joined out family and now she has mellowed.
She loves Tuk Tuk.  Callie is 11-12 years old now, but she is still limber and able to get down to his level.
We have a harness on him (with a name tag) and he has a leash on outside so that he can get used to the feel of them, and not be afraid of them.    
I've trimmed his nails, we fool around with his feet, we put him on his back and he's just fine.   When you do all these things when he's a puppy, they aren't strange and scary later.
He thinks border grass is awesome.  He tries to jump over it, but just manages to land in it.  He's so funny.  He bounces and leaps and is FAST.
And Callie watches-- waiting for him to come back.
He's got a white tiny spot on his chin, and some white on his chest, and white on four paws.   He weighs 4 pounds now, already gaining some.   Some have asked if he's a sleeve Peke.  Nope, he's a puppy and he is growing.
Zoey isn't too sure what he is-- he just wants to play!   
He was rolling around with a toy between his paws.  He's a very happy boy.
I kept him near me during virtual school.  He played in the laundry basket.   He did get to greet Sugar Bit's classmates who think he's awesome.  Even the teachers greeted him by name!
We played soccer and he guarded the net.  😁😂
He's happy and curious.   He was born about February 21, so he's very young.  He was too young when he was taken from his mom.  
He has tried out Sissy's little house.  
Fostering has been an adventure for 18 years now.  I usually get the older ones, the sick ones.  I've had only a few puppies and they are definitely different.  Can I let him go?  Yes!   It's what we do.  But, in this case, he's going to stay in the family and live with my daughter.  Granger will be his new brother-- that is, if Granger says it's okay.  So, you will continue to see more of Tuk Tuk.  And Granger!  He will go to their home next week after his vaccines on Tuesday.   He's had some, but he needs more.   So, when he leaves here, don't worry.  The adventure will continue.     Get ready for more Tuk Tuk stories! 
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Tuk Tuk is adorable and he reminds me of Yum Yum as a pup!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES