Wednesday, February 16, 2022

ELWOOD-- 8 YEARS LATER

Look at this face!   He was my foster, Elwood, 8 years ago.  My husband named him that for fun-- and it stuck.  He was a stray and was a young, 12 pound boy.   And sweet!  SO SWEET!!  
Elwood is a little bigger now, and he's probably about 10 years old.  We have to guess at ages when they come to us.  (Eyes, teeth, size-- all are part of trying to figure out how old they are.)  
I met Chip and Robin and their dog, Moe, immediately became friends with Elwood.  It was a first for me--instant best friends!!  They ran and played and had a great time the moment they met! 
Elwood is the best dog!  In rescue, there are a lot of dogs we'd like to keep.   A lot!   But, we let them go-- it's hard!   Elwood was one of them.   
He and Elwood are still best friends.   I love that.  And I love being able to stay in touch with their owners.  
Moe is so sweet.  How old is he now, Chip?   I love his face.
And then, two years ago, this little firecracker came into rescue.   Lizzie joined the family.   
I think she's been in charge ever since.  LOL   Who is in the lead?   This is a happy family!  Elwood, Lizzie and Moe.  πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’š

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh I just love that last photo of them all walking together ... so neatly too!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES