Friday, February 11, 2022

WAKE UP! TIME FOR THE VET!

Yes.  This is the bed.   I'm short, so the dogs stay on my side.  
Best friends, Paddington and Piper like to be close.   Eventually, Paddington is usually put on the floor-- he doesn't like another dog to run into him in the night.  Stinker!  
Gidget was so anxious.  She knew I was getting ready to go somewhere-- she didn't realize I was taking her with me.   She has big separation anxiety.   We talked to the vet about that.  
We arrived at the vet and there was a Bengal cat there.  It was so pretty and Gidget loved it!!!   
Why are we really here mom?    Gidget's seizures have become more often, so we tested her blood levels on her phenobarbital and it was low.   We are increasing her dose to see if that helps.   She also is going on some meds to help her anxiety.  I wish she could tell me why she was so anxious.  
Fluffy was there to get her stitches out.  She also got another antibiotic shot.  
She wanders and paces-- she didn’t know where we were.     She is under 12 pounds, and has very little muscle.   We are keeping her comfortable, and warm.  She is eating well and wags her tail a tiny bit.  She sees well and recognizes me even though she’s only been here a few weeks. 
Rocky has been limping and he has a lump on his leg which will be removed soon.   Other than that, he did well.   He's a little bossy with other dogs and would do fine as an only boy with someone who wants to love him.   He can be very loving and his tail goes fast when he sees me.    They were all tired and ready to come home.   So was I.   Vet visits with multiple dogs  take some energy.   We all wanted to just sit when we got home.   
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Lets hope the Vet has adjusted Gidget's meds to the amount perfect for her !

Linda..... how do you sleep on that bed of dogs??? LOL

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES