Friday, February 18, 2022

ROCKY HAS SURGERY

Rocky was at the vet last week because he was limping.  I felt his hips, but didn't see why he was limping.  I checked his pads on his feet.  Nothing.  
He's come a long way since he came into rescue.   He wasn't sure of anything, and he's still a little skittish.  But, he knows he can trust me.   I don't know much about the home before the shelter, but we were told he had come from a previous home (before the home that turned them in) where he was not treated well.   
He and Gidget know each other, but both want their person more.  
The vet scheduled him for surgery yesterday.   It turned out Rocky had a dew claw on his back leg.   It had unusual growth around it and formed a hard ball on his leg.   How did I miss that??
No wonder he was limping.   In all my years of rescue, I've never seen this.  But, he's all stitched up now and on his way to healing.   He's laying beside me on the couch as I write this.   
He will feel better.   He's been through a lot, but life is safe and good now.  Oh, that face.
Just rest, little one, you'll feel better quickly.  

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Poor Rocky...... some breeders take the dew claws off when the pup is very young.
I do not know what I think about that as its probably very painful but so is ingrowing dew claws and many get ripped out with the rough and tumble of dogs lives.
I hope Rocky is feeling so much better!!!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES